If you’ve been shopping and stocking up on snacks for kids before back to school, beware, a recall has just been issued for a popular snack sold at Target stores due to the possible presence of metal in the product. This recall affects Target stores in the United States, including Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin.
Popular snack item sold at Target stores in Minnesota recalled due to presence of metal
Before filling your kids’ lunch boxes with animal crackers or serving them to your children as a snack, check the labels to make sure animal crackers aren’t part of this recent FDA recall.
DF Stauffer Biscuit Co., Inc. has voluntarily recalled its Market Pantry White Fudge Biscuits due to the possible presence of metal in the product. Here are some details about the recall to know:
- The recall affects the 44 oz. market pantry white fudge animal cookie size
- According to the FDA website, metallic thread has been found in some cookies
- The crackers are sold in a clear plastic pitcher in the shape of a bear
- The products were sold at Target stores across the United States
- The following expiration date, lot numbers and timestamps are part of the recall:
- 21FEB2023 Y052722 Y052722 From 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM 085239817698
What to do if you have the product that is part of the recall
If you notice that you have any of the product that has been recalled, you are asked not to consume or serve the product to anyone and return it to the store for a full refund.
If you have any questions, you may contact DF Stauffer Biscuit Co., Inc. at 888-480-1988, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
Learn more about the recall posted on the FDA.gov website here.